- · Try to get to your goal weight or within 10 to 15 pounds before treatment for the best results. CoolSculpting is designed to target those areas of fat that don’t respond to dieting and exercise, not to lose pounds.
- · If you have a special occasion coming up that you want to be ready for, ask how many treatments you might need. Schedule your start date allowing enough time for optimal results, which is usually 90 days.
- · Bring something to do, a book, laptop, or even take a nap!
- · Just in case, prepare for pain. Approximately 10% of patients experience pain after the procedure so you might want to have some ibuprofen on hand. Some patients have found wearing Spanks or some type of compression garment can be comforting.
- · The shedding of fat cells is gradual so it is recommended that you take pictures every 3 or 4 weeks so you can see the progress.
- · Be patient, it can take 3 to 4 months or maybe even more for you to see the final result.
· Miguel Delgado, M.D. emphasizes that CoolSculpting does not mean you can eat whatever you want. To maintain your results, continue a healthy diet and exercise program.
Recovery will vary from patient to patient, it should not be painful but if there is discomfort, ibuprofen and/or ice packs can help take the edge off.
According to Real Self “worth it ratings,” 7 out of 10 people said they would do it again.
If you are ready to get rid of that bothersome bulge, call today (415 898-4161) for an appointment with Miguel Delgado, M.D., and find out if you are a candidate for CoolSculpting.